Saturday, May 12, 2012

35. Graduate college

I DID IT! I GRADUATED!! 

Well, sort of. As of May 10th at 10am I no longer have to worry about studying for exams, writing papers, or dealing with professors. My time of being a student in a classroom is over, and I can finally start being what the Lord has made me to be, a teacher.


The reason I say "sort of" is because I am not actually "finished" with college. I still have a semester left of student teaching in a school back in Dallas. Although, I can proudly say that my presence at Texas State University is no longer needed! I have a wide range of emotions the past few days (okay weeks. Okay fine, maybe months) that go anywhere from "OH YEAH! I DID IT!! SEE YA SAN MARCOS!" to "What? Are you serious? There is NO possible way that this is finished. I can't be moving back to Dallas. No one can make me!"

I have made some great memories the last four years, and made friends that I will have for a lifetime. I feel so lucky to have had such a blessed and joy-filled college experience where I have learned countless lessons on what it's like to be a friend, a daughter, a sister, and a woman of Christ.

"Relax in the knowledge that the One who controls your life is totally trustworthy"
--Jesus Calling

This is something that I keep repeating to myself each time I get anxious about being finished with school and moving on to a new chapter in my life. Sure, change can be scary. But the Lord has such a wonderful plan for my life and I am so excited to see what that plan is. I am blessed to have a Creator that I can trust and lean on in times like these. He is so faithful! I know that He is going to guide me in these times of change, excitement, and the unknown.








No comments:

Post a Comment