Sunday, December 11, 2011

69. Run a 5k



Alright bloggers, this is honestly one thing that I thought would be nearly impossible for me when I put it on my list (especially since I rarely work out, and get winded after running for about 3 minutes), but I can honestly and PROUDLY say that I RAN that 5k. AND I RAN THE WHOLE TIME!


I know that some of you are laughing at me. You can run those 3.17 miles without even breaking a sweat. But this girl is certainly not one of those. Before running this race, the furthest I have ran without stopping is 1.5 miles...and that is after running nearly every day this summer. Ever since school started I have been lacking on my work outs and have instead been consumed with school, work, internships and the occasional sleep. Because of this, I was absolutely terrified when I asked my brother Jack to sign him and I up for the Turkey Trot. I was totally convinced I would be one of those who crosses the finish line and collapses due to exhaustion and well, the obvious repercussions of my laziness this semester. But against all of my beliefs, I did it. I ran the whole thing. Without stopping. And without being the possible first person ever to collapse after a 5k.

So there ya have it, one of my most proudest accomplishments thus far. Sad? Maybe. But I'm okay with that.

1 comment:

  1. so proud of my best friend and glad I got to check this one off my bucket list at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete