Sunday, October 2, 2011

31. go to a ballet

Well guys, after anticipating this night for two months now, Nick and I finally went to the Austin Ballet! And let me tell ya...it was better than I had ever imagined.

Lets start off by just saying that ballet is probably one of the most beautiful things that I wish everyday I could do. Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of being able to be a ballet dancer, having pointe ballet shoes, and being lifted in the air while wearing a beautiful dress. Of course that is not going to happen, but going to the ballet made me certainly relive my childhood dreams.

We started off the night by stuffing our faces at one of the greatest restaurants, then made our way to the ballet. Also, did I mention that Nick bought us fourth row-center tickets? Ballet with my favorite guy AND crazy awesome seats? Psh, I'm spoiled.

What I found so interesting about this particular ballet is that there was classic ballet a modern twist, with a little bit of hip hop (thanks Dj Spooky!) It was wonderful, beautiful, and surprisingly Nick loved it. The night was absolutely perfect, and even after anticipating it for months, far exceeded my expectations.


No comments:

Post a Comment